Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
MS 906 or MS Mini, need your help PLEASE !!

2026 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2017-02-14 06:51:51

•   Level 3   
    (71) points
    jamalnur
    2017-02-13 07:56:55
     Hi,

I'm thinking to buy Autel device & I am confused between MS906 & MS Mini,
    Would any one tell me what is the difference between them ??
    What can 906 do which mini can't & vice versa
    Actually I'm self maintainer not a shop guy, I already have MD802 but need more professional device, 
    which can help me do some features as programming & lots of things,
    I do like 908 but its lil expensive, so I'm buying 906 or Mini, and need your help ASAP,

Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-14 06:51:51 (Reply to:jamalnur)

The MS905 mini has a Blue tooth VCI and offers the same so called "advanced level" coding capability that the non j2534 VCI MS908 offers only with a smaller sized tablet.
       The regular cabled MS 906 is the newer faster  replacement for the Maxidas. Maxidas  once was Autel's Flagship Scanner that  claimed to be at or near factory level scanner capabilities, but shortly after the Maxi Sys scanners came out in 2013 , Autel listed it's former Flagship Maxidas DS708 scanner in a comparison chart having coding capabilities listed as " Minimal." I tried to have support give me some examples of important coding abilities I would get with a MS 905 or MS908 that would work when tried, that would be absent on a DS708 or a MS906 replacement to a DS708 working on the same exact vehicle, and neither Support or any knowledgeable people here could answer, other than support says the regular MS906 (DS708 replacement)now lacks a couple premium car makes coverage for  (Maserati and Bentley).
       I see the MS905 is blue tooth VCI equipped ,still  has Maserati and Bentley coverage , allegedly has more advanced coding ability than a MS906 (which I think might be the same) and is about the same price as newer regular cabled 906 because MS905 is soon being relegated to history and being replaced by newer MS906 BT.  Autel is triing to hold off the internet floodgates for the MS906 BT and MS906TS till MS905 inventory is depleted.
       I would probably would not hesitate to get the discontinued MS905 and back up the older software of it  and get my one year of updates for new coverage , then leave the discontinued MS905 as it is after the year of free updates, and when you absolutely have to have newer car coverage in 3 years just buy a MS906BT or MS906TS when they are clearing those models out. I Just say no to paying for updates for new car coverage at the risk of loosing any functionality of my old car coverage due to slow on going StrapOninfication and a returning of  court contested OE functionality  back to being J2534 OE subscription based accessed again. 

Total1 Pages